Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
Process Engineer/Design Transfer Scientist will be responsible for facilitating the transition of products from Development to Operations. The Engineer/Scientist will plan, execute, implement, and document parts of design transfer activities for an IVD/PMA assay under design control, for next generation sequencing (NGS) assays. The successful candidate will work within the R&D and collaborate cross-functionally with members of operations, bio-development, bioinformatics, quality, regulatory affairs, and clinical affairs. The Engineer/Scientist is expected to divide time between working in the lab and at the desk to create design transfer documentation and execution of NGS experiments to support in vitro diagnostic (IVD) design transfer. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking and most importantly, has an interest in our company and our products.
* Plan and executes laboratory research in relation to manufacturing scale up and improving process capability.
* Assure experimental quality through sound experimental design; utilizes DOE, Cpk analysis, Gage R&R and assists in the design of experiments for others.
* Plan and conduct stability studies with assistance from junior team members.
* Lead cross functional efforts in establishing supply chain for raw materials and consumables and propose improvements.
* Attend core team meetings, serve as a voice of operations and liaison between R&D and Operations.
* Lead test method developments and characterizations.
* Lead test method validations and process validations.
* Set up product structures (BOMs), write SOPs, manufacturing and QC documents etc.
* Write various protocols and reports.
* Present status update, data and proposals in various forums to technical and non-technical audiences.
* May lead more junior members of the team.
* Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree with 5 years of experience OR PhD with 2 years of experience required.
* Strong scientific background in biomedical engineering, molecular and cell biology, biotechnology, or biochemistry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Extensive knowledge of design control.
* Experience working to policies; procedures and international quality standards or in a highly regulated industry.
* Hands on experience with conducting risk assessments (FMEA) is a plus.
* Knowledge of quality and regulatory standards and requirements (ISO, CLSI, FDA) is a must.
* Ability to follow and establish SOPs and in-depth knowledge of GLP/GMP guidelines.
* Experience authoring study plans, protocols and study reports is highly desired.
* Adept with Excel and basic statistical analysis.
* Hands on experience with statistical tools such as Minitab or JMP.
* Experience with nucleic acid technologies relating to NGS, PCR, qPCR and multiplex PCR.
* Hands-on experience with NGS and DNA/RNA molecular biology is preferred.
* IVD product development experience is a plus.
* Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women's health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
* BBB announcement on job scams
* FBI Cyber Crime resource page