We are a diverse team supporting all core networking functions for an automotive aftermarket retailer. We work closely with the computer and end user support teams to provide the best user experience possible. Worldpac is currently bringing aboard our sister company, Autopart International using Cisco Meraki technologies. Worldpac is also in an exciting phase of re-invention of its existing branches and distribution centers using newer technologies such as Cisco SD-Wan, DNA Center, Umbrella and upgrading to Cisco Wireless.
The Principal Network Engineer will have a critical role in the company and will be called upon to perform the highest level of troubleshooting and configuration of our Cisco centric network. We are looking for someone with strong foundations who is willing to learn and grow with our dedicated and hardworking team to advance our vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Network architecture, design and continuing improvement, installation, and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of edge networks and WAN architectures, including protocols such as i/eBGP, OSPF, MPLS, DMVPN, and strategies such as capacity planning, routing policies, firewall, and ASA VPN configuration.
- Conducts network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems. Utilizes monitoring tools to capture and analyze network traffic, maintain uptime, generate usage reports, spot trends, and report any anomalies to management.
- Collaborate with Server and iSeries teammates to conduct system and network role swaps.
- With minor supervision, implements solutions that have limited system-wide impact.
- Configures and deploys Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, wireless LAN controllers and access points and other network gear. Upgrades network hardware and software components as necessary to maintain integrity and security with limited assistance.
- Creates and maintains network documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added or removed.
- Provides users and branch locations with network technical support.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in accordance with Change Management processes.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, negotiation, and relationship management skills.
- Mentors and assists mid and junior level network engineers and helps drive projects and tasks to completion.
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and Network Security Practices.
- Will be required to participation in weekly on-call rotations for network support issues
- Will contribute in supporting the business across time zones from Eastern through Pacific
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline. CCNA/CCNP required. CCIE desired.
- Deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects
- Proven track record to translate business requirements into solutions and implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget
- Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts
- 10+ years of hands on IT experience in Cisco network Infrastructure Technologies.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Cisco switching and routing (Including Nexus 95xx)
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Cisco ASA VPN (AnyConnect, L2L )
- Routing protocols, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF
- Policy based routing
- QoS for application and voice
- Understanding of T1, Broadband, MPLS and DIA connectivity
- Amazon AWS
- Experience in newer Cisco technologies helpful
- Cisco/Viptela SD-WAN experience
- Cisco DNA Center
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco Wireless