Your responsibilities include:
Build relationships with affluent customers through asking questions to learn about their financial needs, share how Wells Fargo can help, follow up, proactive outreach, and appointments.
Serve as a risk leader; understand and manage risks in the business, adhere to policies, procedures & controls and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules & regulations.
Explain and demonstrate self-service digital options to customers
Maintain deep knowledge of bank products and services
Build relationships with branch team members and partners and work together to best serve customers
Complete service requests, establish new accounts, and submit credit applications
Make introductions to partners to help meet customer's broader financial needs
Help resolve customer concerns and escalate issues as needed
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience or 1+ year experience in a licensed financial services position
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Extensive experience in asking questions and identifying complex financial needs in order to provide recommendations on products and services to customers
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- State Life Insurance license(s)
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance controls, risk management and loss prevention
- Ability to influence, educate, and connect customer to technology and share the value of digital banking options
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 or 7 and 66 exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Current registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or equivalent) are required for this role or must be completed within a specified period of time and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance
- State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period of time determined by number of licenses to be obtained and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance. Compliance with the state law requirements is required
CA-Menlo Park: 325 Sharon Park Dr - Menlo Park, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.