- Oak Harbor, WA, USA
- Full Time
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice job in Oak Harbor, Washington.
- Any U.S. state license
- Civilian position supporting the Naval community
- Full-time hours
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice Job Overview:
- Outpatient Family Practice Clinic
- Provide a full range of PA/NP services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice Job Qualifications:
- PA/NP Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
- Certification: NCCPA or NPClinical competency
- Computer competency
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers by the AHA
- Clinical Competency
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government facilities supporting active duty military service members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned, minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an award-winning organization serving the federal government nationwide and around the globe.
We invite you to join our team!
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.