At Alliance Radiology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Alliance Radiology has rapidly grown over the past 30 years by providing radiology service line solutions, outpatient center management services, and mobile radiology solutions (Per Diem, PT, and FT MRI, PET/CT, CT).
We are currently hiring a Full Time PET/CT Technologist in the beautiful Santa Cruz, CA area!
Our PET/CT Technologists use exceptional communication skills to connect with patients, explain the procedure and put them at ease. With a caring attitude and keen attention to detail, they ensure patient comfort, safety and satisfaction every step of the way. They show their technical competence by effectively interpreting physician orders/instructions and selecting appropriate software options and imaging parameters to produce the highest-quality PET/CT images/studies possible—enabling physicians to diagnose with pinpoint accuracy and treat with confidence. And, because our techs work in a variety of environments—a freestanding outpatient center, a mobile coach, or a hospital-based/inpatient facility—their flexibility allows them to deliver the absolute best imaging care at any access point.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for patient safety including pre-screening for contraindications, aseptic injection technique, etc. and radiation safety/regulations, including proper documentation and technique when working with radioactive materials/patients.
- Produces high quality diagnostic images.
- Effectively communicates with customers and/or radiologists.
- Trains new technologists and/or PC's.
- Trouble-shoots the scanner, coach and peripheral equipment (including: monitors, PACS, coils, etc.).
What Alliance Will Provide to You:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday & float days
- Plus much more!
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Certification in Nuclear Medicine by the NMTCB or ARRT (N) required.
- State license, as required.
- CPR certification required.
- As applicable, valid state driver’s license.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Nuclear Medicine procedures and studies preferred.
- Ability to work at several locations
- Strong customer service skills.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and programs.
- Local travel may be required.
- The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions during transport of patients if working on a mobile unit. The employee will be exposed to radioactive isotopes and ionizing radiation. May be exposed to radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
- More than 50% of the time:
- Sit, stand, walk.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients.
- Less than 50% of the time:
- Stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Climb and balance.
- Carry and lift (ability to move non-ambulatory patients from a sitting or lying position for transfer or to exam).
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
PET, PET Technologist, nuclear medicine, NMTCB, ARRT, diagnostic, imaging, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, CNMT, nuc med, PET Tech, nuc med tech, positron emission tomography, positron emission, radiology, diagnostic scan, diagnostic scanning, PET scanner, PET scan, technologist, health care, healthcare