If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of Patient Experience Lead is a key role, responsible for leading patient experience as part of the Quadruple Aim. Reporting to the Senior Director of Experience, this position sits in the Office for Provider Advancement (OPA) within Optum Care’s Clinical Performance. OPA focuses on making Optum Care the best place to work for the physicians and providers of the entire care team, ensuring they have what they need to deliver the best care possible to our patients. OPA’s work is determined through clinical governance and focuses on clinical outcomes research, physician/provider and patient experience, physician development and partnership, and an equitable, responsible culture. This position includes a variety of functions related to the general management and general business operations within the Office for Provider Advancement.
The Patient Experience Lead will report to the Senior Director, Experience within the Office for Provider Advancement (OPA) and will work closely with the national care delivery organizations (CDOs). The Lead will be responsible to assist in the leading, planning, organizing, coordinating, and supporting the implementation of programs and processes designed to build and improve customer service and patient experience within local and regional markets. This includes but not limited to employed, network as well as MSO operational support through executing aligned initiatives across the country that directly influence CAHPS, HOS, NPS, member growth & retention and enhanced Optum Care culture. This position will work closely with provider and teammate experience work lanes within the Experience Pillar in the OPA.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within a commutable distance of a major airport, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Actively engage leadership and staff at all levels in national markets to enhance the patient, staff and provider service experience
- Collaborate with CDO market leadership to foster an environment that supports high levels of patient, provider and teammate engagement in patient experience
- Support the CDOs in the development and implementation of training programs, localized strategies, market-based activities to increase awareness of specific behaviors and techniques, which affect patient satisfaction
- Facilitate effective implementation and training in patient service strategies and behaviors to ensure an Optum Care culture of patient satisfaction
- Perform data analytics and financial calculations to create cost benefit analysis for patient experience
- Produce, design and implement a strategic roadmap for Optum Care CDOs to align on NPS survey collection and reporting with UHG to best determine synergies for measurement, data analytics and outcomes - positively impacting CDO implementation of NPS surveys
- Participate in research and publication around elevating human experience at Optum Care
- Utilize, integrate and interpret NPS, CAHPS & HOS data to assist CDOs in their improvement efforts to promote optimal patient outcomes
- Recognize CDOs for effective implementation of patient satisfaction programs
- Work collaboratively with CDO leadership, internal partners and other stakeholders to assume positive intent as evidence by outstanding 360° review
- Assist with special projects and/or activities as requested by Chief of the Office for Provider Advancement or other leadership staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience within healthcare (not a hospital)
- 4+ years of experience and competence in leading and driving patient experience in medical groups
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics and financial calculations to create cost benefit analysis for patient experience
- 3+ years of patient experience survey (NPS) & Member experience surveys (CAHPS & HOS)
- 2+ years of experience of consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel domestically on airplanes 20-30% with overnight stays in hotels
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
- Experience working for a large matrix organization, working with multiple stakeholder groups, where there is accountability for organizing and executing projects to meet a business objective
- Passionate about being a part of the future of healthcare and impacting patients’ and providers’ experiences
- CPM, PMP, ACP or CPD Certified
- Six Sigma Training Accreditation
- CPXP or CCXP Certified
- CPF (Certified Professional Facilitator)
- Demonstrated ability to activate and influence for change
- Demonstrated ability to create coalition building
- Experience leading and implementing organization change with innovative and creative approaches
- Experience developing and implementing strategy, aligned with and driving business outcomes
- Experience and comfort with leading/facilitating team and leader discussion
- Experience working with virtual/distributed teams
- Collaborative, strategic, politically savvy, strong influencing skills
- Intermediate proficiency within PowerPoint & Excel, rolling up numbers to tell a comprehensive story
- Strong process and planning skills
- Serves as a champion of both national and regional priorities, using influencing skills to create buy-in and quality improvement
- Strong, confident communicator with a variety of teams and levels
- Located near a major airport
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, Data Analytics, Patient Experience, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home