Paralegal Job Description Template
We are seeking a part time remote paralegal that is experienced and knowledgeable in New Jersey foreclosure law to join our team. This role has the potential to grow into a full time position.
You will be supporting our practice by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files. You will also be asked to file pleadings with court clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. You will also need to be able to multitask effectively and meet deadlines in timely matter.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence, and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering, documents and other data.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Office administration experience.