COVID-19: Vaccination Requirement: Effective August 30, 2021, Alston & Bird requires all employees who access our offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. By submitting your resume for consideration, you acknowledge that you will comply with A&Bs vaccination and office access policies. Please note that proof of vaccination may be required. Any questions about A&Bs vaccination requirement should be directed to Trevor Barker, Talent Acquisition Coordinator [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]).
At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Alston & Bird is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our Financial Services and Products Practice Group. The Financial Services and Products (FISAP) Paralegal will work directly with attorneys and clients of the Investment Management, Trading & Markets team to assist with 40 Act filings. This position could be in any of the states Alston & Bird has offices in. This position has the option to be fully remote.
Traditional 40 Act Experience
- Expertise in preparing routine 1940 Act filings including registration statement amendments
- Expertise in preparing template prospectuses and SAIs for registered funds
- Expertise in preparing materials for board meetings and other general corporate governance matters
- Expertise in 1940 Act notice filings (Form NF)
- Experience registered fund reorganization closing materials
- Expertise in preparing template response letters to comments from SEC reviewers (we will review all of them for substance)
Non-Traditional or State Experience
- Expertise in general securities filings for private placements (Forms D, Forms 3, 4, 5, etc.)
- Expertise in preparing template response letters to comments from state securities examiners (we will review all of them for substance)
- Creating a renewal calendar for state registration renewals
- Interacting with state securities examiners
- Preparing template, off-the-shelf memoranda for clients
- Provide backup assistance for the other Paralegal in the FISAP group
Skills Needed to be Successful
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating legal matters
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to establish relationships, effectively liaise, communicate and follow instructions from the client, attorneys, staff, and vendors and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and follow-up skills
- A high level of energy and the ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Operate standard office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines and personal computers
- Extensive technical knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database programs, and a/v equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Firm systems, practices and procedures to effectively meet employee and Department needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of four (4) years of prior paralegal experience in a FISAP practice group
- Completion of a bachelor's degree and/or a paralegal certificate are required for consideration
Alston & Bird is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Qualified candidates should visit our Career section of our website at www.alston.com and apply on-line. All cover letters and resumes need to be addressed to Kimberly Potter, Human Resources Manager, DC Office. The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time. Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Follow us on Twitter at alstonbirdllp or become a Fan of Alston & Bird LLP on Facebook!