Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you passionate about public health and building relationships with state governments to help their underserved populations become tobacco and vape free? Do you gain energy from strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to manage projects and analyze complex data? Are you motivated by bringing innovative solutions to help people live healthier lives? If so, look no further! Optum partners with 23 state government organizations to provide tobacco cessation quit services to their priority populations. We are looking for a relationship oriented individual to be responsible for the delivery of value to state public health clients. The Client Manager (CM) is required to understand and interpret clients’ business needs and ensure service and delivery excellence for a specific set of Optum products and services that help meet those needs. The CM will be responsible for supporting clients with medium to high complexity solutions, and work with cross functional teams to proactively review client goals and assess opportunities to support achievement of those goals. The CM is responsible for the “client experience” for the solutions managed. The CM’s primary focus will be on the successful product delivery and assistance in renewals of covered solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as the primary day to day contact for our clients
- Must understand and manage client expectations and service needs by building and maintaining positive relationships (both internal and external) and by delivering quality service; thereby enhancing Optum's reputation in the industry
- Acts as a client advocate and proactively partners with/lead teams to exceed client expectations
- Builds a strong working partnership with the internal stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- The CM will contribute to renewal, identification of expansion/enhancement opportunities, facilitate contract changes and updates as needed
- Provides consultative services to clients to address service delivery needs, to provide quarterly business review meetings, and invite formal and informal feedback on Optum solutions, delivery, innovation, and relationship
- Deliver expected revenue and margins for current and new customers and their solutions
- Constantly assesses the value our solutions are delivering and leads team members to develop approaches that increase the value we provide and/or increases the impact Optum has on the client’s business
- Engages cross-functional teams on the delivery of relevant products, escalating issues where necessary and driving to resolution
- Manages all service related issues on assigned book of business
- Investigate, research, and resolve concerns presented by the client
- Identify trends and develop customer specific solutions in collaboration with cross-functional team's expertise
- Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of client communications (correspondence, product updates, fulfillment, etc.)
- Partners with sales, product, operations, reporting, finance and other internal partners to ensure smooth and effective implementations
- Demonstrates expertise in relevant Solution(s) through contribution to client meetings and incorporating representation of Product and Operations, when necessary, in all customer, account management and other internal strategic meetings
- Monitor key performance indicators for all clients, maintaining a client status indicator
- For those where the program performance metrics are not being met, ensure corrective action plans are developed, implemented and communicated to appropriate stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate activities, analysis and monitoring/measuring results in partnership with product and operations teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree with significant work experience
- 3+ years of experience working directly with clients and demonstrating responsibility for strategic client relationship management and consultation
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to effectively navigate and drive results in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to message, position and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Solid negotiation, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Abstinent from tobacco and nicotine
- Willingness and ability to travel (25%)
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed Internet connection or can leverage existing high-speed Internet service
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Visio and SharePoint
- Knowledge of health insurance industry, products and services
- Knowledge of public health industry
- Experience with managing state government accounts
- Project Management-oriented organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Act as a team player and foster a positive work environment
- Creative analytical and problem solving skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales and Marketing, Client Services/Sales Support, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote