Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
It's a big step forward when you realize that you've earned the trust to lead a team. Now, let's determine just how big that step can be. Take on this role with UnitedHealth Group and you'll be part of a team that's reshaping how provider networks evolve and how health care works better for millions. On our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
The Contracting Specialist is accountable for contracting and fee negotiations with providers. Additional responsibilities include building and nurturing relationships between the health plan and providers. In this role, you would implement strategic goals relating to network management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Addresses contractual requirement from the state which is required to meet minimum standards to maintain contract.
- Meet minimum network requirement as outlined by the plan you cover
- Help develop geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Negotiate/Support Terms of Agreement with Providers
- Evaluate/Analyze Contracts and Market Performance
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
- Develop/Implement/Execute/Support Market Strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in a network management-related role in contracting
- 2+ years of Medicaid experience
- 1+ years of experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree
- TennCare experience
- Behavioral health experience
- Experienced in network development and provider engagement
- SalesForce knowledge and document management
- Facets knowledge
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider Relations Representative, Network Contractor, Growing Business, Growing Team, Provider Network, Contract, Medicaid, Negotiate, Rates, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote