The Network Engineer will manage and maintain Optum's IT infrastructure environment to support business operations. Work on networking projects that involve technology and product evaluation, implementation, deployment and troubleshooting as assigned. Act as one of a team of the technical points of contact for specific aspects of the data center operations, such as network infrastructure, WAN, LAN, load balancers, Firewalls and various hardware appliances. Ensure efficient, balanced, secure and uninterrupted operation of Optum's network infrastructure.
**Candidates will need to be in the office or on-site at 1 or more of the 95 clinics in the Tampa/St. Pete, FL for 1-2 days per week. It is important they are within an easy commuting distance long term.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, load balancers
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Research, evaluate and suggest new products and process improvements within IT
- Implement and enforce security procedures to ensure the Company's data is secure and accessed by only those that need access to it
- Create and maintain documentation in relation to network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Maintain centralized documentation of IT infrastructure information
- Evaluate network performance, identify bottlenecks, and find ways of improvement, to ensure long-term efficiency of the network
- Deployment of SD-WAN Upgrades in multiple markets
- Develop test plans that include functionality, system integrity, test matrixes, strategy, and definition of test methodologies. Create test platforms, including evaluation of test equipment, and testing of proposed network equipment, network protocols and new production applications. Design, test and deploy network and security architectures, including LAN-to-LAN, LAN-to-WAN, and WAN-to-WAN
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of hands on experience working in a network environment
- Candidates will need to be in the office or on-site at 1 or more of the 95 clinics in the Tampa/St. Pete, FL for 1-2 days per week. It is important they are within an easy commuting distance long term.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with LAN, WAN, Cisco, Netscalers, Palo Alto, IPsec VPN, Meraki, ASA
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Must possess strong troubleshooting and analytical skills along with good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently to meet required deadlines
- Proven experience with network design & optimization, business technology infrastructure strategic planning, projects management and policy development
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network, cisco, LAN, Firewall, VPN, trouble, CCNA, CCNP, Tampa, Tampa Bay, Florida, FL, St. Petersburg, Saint Petersburg