Network Engineer in Santa Clara, CA.
The role is responsible for providing direction, design, and execution of network infrastructure and security initiatives for Futurewei. The successful candidate will possess broad technical skills with the ability to implement new networks, VPNs, firewalls, and other network devices across the organization. Experienced in performing periodic penetration scan and mitigations as needed. Provide proactive monitoring of the environment and increase awareness of current and critical security alerts throughout the company.
- Work with a team that designs and develops scalable, maintainable, 99.99% available network architectures that meets business objectives and SLAs.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS.) from multiple vendors (Cisco, Huawei, Palo Alto, Array, etc.)
- Assist in the definition of the strategy and technology roadmap for Network Security Architecture, assess, and deliver enterprise level, highly available technical solutions.
- Provide day to day support of network and security infrastructure, including network and security incident identification, analysis through to resolution.
- Perform network maintenance and firmware upgrades including bug workarounds and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability, track network usage and trends with Nagios or Zabbix.
- Ability to document network/security architecture and functional design; build testing, validation controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other closely related IT field.
- 5 years' experience with ownership responsibilities for network infrastructure and security stack.
- Hand-on experiences with LAN/WAN, Proxy Servers, Network Design and Implementation, Network
- Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
- Understanding of networking L2/3 protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS.)
- Hand-on experiences with installing and configuring firewalls, routers, switches and VPNs from different vendors(Cisco, Huawei, etc.)
- Able to analyze network traffic to debug and resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Must be available to work onsite when needed at our offices in Santa Clara CA