Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Network Contractor will Develop and maintain dental networks (Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial) network yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, and stable network. Evaluates, negotiates, and renews dental provider contracts and financial reimbursements according to standards defined by senior management. Establishes and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers. Ensure network composition provides an appropriate distribution of provider types that meets expectation of sales and account management teams. Primary focus will be recruiting and servicing practitioners in markets defined as most critical by Sales, Account Management, and Senior Leadership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Market level expansion responsibilities based upon competitive analysis
- Responsible for recruiting new practitioner relationships within their defined market through mail, call, and face-to-face recruitment campaigns
- May be assigned Ad hoc projects outside their territory as needed to support clients
- Focused recruitment on key geographical markets as defined by GeoAccess and Provider disruption reports as well as client-specific objectives brought forward by Sales & Account Management
- Maintain existing provider relationships and network expansion through leveraging existing relationships
- Complete proactive calls and visits as needed to maintain and grow key relationships and support organizational objectives (i.e. provider adoption of EPS and other self-service tools, data verification, re-credentialing paperwork)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- Face to face, telephone sales, customer service and/or negotiation experience
- Report creation experience, the ability to interpret, and take action on trend reporting
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- General knowledge of health insurance
- Experience in provider relations and / or healthcare provider network development and pricing
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement methodologies
- Experience with FACETS, Salesforce and/or SCION
- Familiarity with GeoAccess reporting tools
- Knowledge of provider office operations and dental practice management procedures philosophies
- Knowledge of key competitors within territory and nationally, their products, and their reimbursement strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to development and facilitate network growth and maintenance strategies within territory
- Ability to solve complex problems and respond promptly to the customer
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment to achieve network development objective
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Contractor, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote