Alion Science and Technology is seeking System & Network Administrator responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This position is located in Mountain View, Ca.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist IT teams with technical issues, technical strategy; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Accountable for the following systems:
- Mac, Windows, Linux/Unix, iOS, and Android systems/devices
- Assist on onboarding – Create account and issue IT equipment such Laptop and Mobile Phone and enabling CAC for building access. Collecting equipment on out processing.
- Provide level 1 and 2 IT support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Implement security software and tools to ensure maximum security from outside threats.
- Install and maintain software updates periodically.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Responsible for reviewing system logs.
- Maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans as directed by the CIO, DCIO
- Administer the creation, operation, modification, and deletion of username and passwords of employees in the system.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Consults with IT management to analyze system(s) needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Writes and reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures
SKILLS / ABILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Have the ability to learn new technologies and implement them successfully
- Effective hardware and software problem solving abilities required
- Protect the system from the attacks of malicious hackers or viruses using firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Patience in working with Users and Management
- Ability to working on-call after hours and on weekends when required
- Travel to other office location may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 4 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience of System Administration and Networking
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in IT Technical field
- Current Secret with eligibility for TS/SCI after hire
Security Clearance: Secret