TITLE: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, NETWORK OPERATIONS
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Operations, the Network Administrator is responsible for design, implementation and support of the network infrastructure including management of network devices and services, hardware and firmware updates, configuration changes, capacity planning, and operating system upgrades as required. This position is located in Milpitas, California.
- Provides network support to all end users', including maintaining and improving network connections for laptops, desktops, workstations, servers, and SEMI tool equipment; assists with vendor system requests and access to internal systems
- Maintains and upgrades server hardware and software for existing Windows domain infrastructure hosted in both physical and virtual server environments utilizing VMWare vSphere.
- Monitors, approves and installs relevant security updates and patches to maintain regulatory and corporate compliance requirements
- Monitors the network infrastructure, documents and communicates necessary changes to the Network Operations Manager and IT Director; manages all network device upgrades and patches as necessary to maintain a secure and reliable network connectivity
- Plans, prepares and documents required changes to network infrastructure; may occasionally be required to make presentations to management on network-related projects or programs
- Partners with other groups, teams or departments on IT-related activities or projects as needed
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as required
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level*
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent relevant experience
- Five years of experience working as a Network Administrator
- Experience working with various operating systems or platforms such as Microsoft Windows OS and Exchange, Linux, and Cisco
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to use various operating systems such as MS Exchange, OS 2000-2019, Cisco IOS/ASA, and Linux Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Strong knowledge of network operations, escalation, security protocols, and VOIP
- Able to work productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Able to understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions
- Able to comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated desktop and application service and support skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize
The Network Administrator works primarily in an office environment from Monday thru Friday. The schedule may be altered from time-to-time to meet business or operational needs; may travel from building-to-building as needed. May also work in a class 100 ESD sensitive wafer manufacturing facility; wears a cleanroom (bunny) suit, including hood, gloves, safety glasses, booties, and mask. May be exposed to hazardous conditions, chemicals, fumes, and/or gases during the course of work day; may be exposed to loud noise. Stands and walks; performs various fine grasping movements, bends, and twists; operates a computer and enters information using a keyboard, operates a telephone, and other office equipment. May occasionally be required to push, pull, or lift 20 or more pounds.
Other duties of a similar nature or level are duties that may be required, but may not be specifically listed in the job description or posting.
TDK/Headway Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Applicants requiring accommodation in order to complete the application process should contact the Headway Human Resources Department.