Job Title: Molecular Biology Research Scientist
Duration: 9 Months +
Location: San Jose CA 95134
- Client is looking for a talented research scientist to join the Biological Systems Research group. The ideal candidate will support biology-focused research using our low volume Acoustic Droplet Ejection (ADE) technology.
- The worker will be responsible for performing basic cellular and molecular biology activities such as maintaining and manipulating cultured cells and performing nucleic acid-based assays.
- The position requires adaptability, excellent organization skills, as well as the ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Hands-on evaluation and development of new molecular biology assays including DNA/RNA purification, qPCR, and sequencing library preparation.
- Hands on expertise on cell culture techniques including cell line manipulation and maintenance (adherent and suspension), RNA and DNA transfection, cellular genomic DNA and RNA isolation, and protein expression analysis.
- Hands on expertise of cell biology assays and protocols such as cell imaging, flow cytometry, and Immunostaining.
- Execute studies based on existing procedures with some guidance and direction. Experimental design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results, maintaining detailed experimental records.
- Analyze data using statistical tools such as Microsoft Excel, Image J. Maintain detailed experimental records and documents results in a technical report or in a laboratory notebook.
- Maintain expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. Participate in and present data at group meetings and prepare weekly progress reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field - e.g. Molecular Biology, Biology, Genetics with 4+ years of related work experience in biotech/medical device industry or academic lab OR Master’s degree in afore mentioned related field with 2+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with basic molecular biology skills described above. Ability to work in a BSL-2 environment. Knowledge of biological and chemical safety.
- Ability to ask questions and check for clarity and understanding. Solves straightforward problems.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills to include presentation to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to work successfully both independently and in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific journals.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Comfortable with basic statistical analysis concepts. Flexibility to perform the small tasks as well as the big tasks while working in an environment with rapidly shifting goals and priorities