Kforce has a client in Santa Clara, CA that is seeking a Medical Scheduler.
Under direct supervision, the Medical Scheduler utilizes clinical appointment system, processes clinic providers' schedules and monthly appointment calendars to maintain plan member accesses to clinicians, and reviews, updates, and generates clinic appointment to improve clinic utilization, both on routine and urgent basis. The Medical Scheduler assists with data entry of patient encounters, and distributes computer printouts and reports daily.
- Medical Scheduler operates computer and accurately enters clinical information
- Enters and maintains provider master appointment schedules for clinical departments as assigned
- Revises related support documents as necessary
- Generates appointments for providers in accordance with standard procedures as established by clinic nursing department
- Receives, reviews verifies, and completes clinical providers' monthly calendars, daily schedules and requests for schedule modification
- Medical Scheduler responds to both routine and urgent requests in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion
- Assists clinical staff with scheduling of providers; provides one-to-one instruction to providers with proper scheduling techniques, document utilization and application of appointments
- Performs detailed review of all outgoing appointment schedules
- Distributes to designated clinical departments in timely and appropriate manner
- Assists appointments/receptionists with data entry of patient encounter information as required
- Medical Scheduler advises Supervisor or designate of daily productivity, appointment system operational issues that are likely to affect clinic utilization and member access
- Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, printers, and photocopies
- Participates in service excellence training and demonstrates service excellence attributes