- Prepare and assemble medical records.
- Organize and analyze medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Identify, track and enter practitioner deficiencies in Medhost.
- Pull charts as requested for audits, peer review, readmissions, HBIPS processing and route to appropriate area or department.
- Ensure files are stored in the designated area according to storage procedures.
- Maintain and search computerized medical records.
- Maintain chart control, access and storage in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Process medical records requests according to policy and procedure.
- Scan records to contract coders for processing, when applicable.
- Assist with HIM department audits including HBIPS, CMS Quality Measures, and concurrent reviews.
- Pick up discharge records from patient units.
- Assemble new admission folders, if applicable.
- Print and deliver medical records forms to patient units.
- Search and print dictated reports from computerized transcription system.
- Purge and inventory medical records for off-site storage.
- Promotes quality improvement, staff and patient safety, and cultural diversity through department operations and by personal performance.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three or more years' experience in psychiatric setting or combination of education and experience necessary.
- RHIT or RHIA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)