Kelly Services is seeking a Music Publishing Researcher for an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
Job Title: Music Publishing Researcher
Location: Cupertino, CA 95014
Est. Start Date: 9/28/2020
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8 hours/day
Pay Rate: $24 - $28 per hour
The Music Publishing team at Company is looking for a researcher who will, amongst other related tasks, investigate and accurately log copyright data.
- Data administrator experience, ideally within a music publishing environment.
- Ideally knowledgeable about the flow of metadata and its impact on royalty flows within the music publishing world.
- Knowledge of digital music metadata, copyright data structure, identifiers is a strong plus.
- Accuracy and thorough attention to detail; able to follow defined processes.
- Outstanding organizational skills; the ability to deliver to a tight timeframe whilst maintaining quality of work.
- Able to collaborate closely with multiple teams, both internally and externally.
- Able to effectively connect with music rights holders - music publishers, songwriters, artist management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourcefulness in pursuing accurate granular data whilst also seeing the big picture and being comfortable with a level of ambiguity
- Excel proficient, familiar with streaming music and Company products/services.
- Flexible and willing to learn about new tools and different procedures; able to work as part of a team.
- Responding to business needs for music publishing copyright research.
- Sourcing and interpreting copyright data from various sources.
- Logging research data in internal systems within set timeframe.
- Adapting to emerging and changing research requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.