Manufacturing Process Engineer reporting to the Engineering Department. Supports new product development, sustaining products and product/sub-assembly transfers to other sites or suppliers. Primary responsibility is to load Item Masters, BoM and Routing using information shared from Estimating, Programming and Project Engineers to Oracle ERP system. Interface with Design, MFG Project Engineering, Program Management, Estimating and other cross-functional team members.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Create new PN’s for Purchased and Manufactured parts in Oracle
- Enter New BoM’s in Oracle
- Enter Routing, Setup & Run times in Oracle using Operation Labor Standards
- Perform Cost roll of assemblies in Oracle
- Compare Oracle cost to Estimated cost
- Perform Time Studies
- Compare actual Setup and Run times vs quoted times
- Implement ECO changes in Oracle and Agile
- Perform lot size changes as applicable on repeat jobs
- Prepare RFQ packages for outsourced processes
- Strive to improve manufacturing methods, efficiency and product quality.
- Practice LEAN techniques and be able to participate/facilitate Lean Kaizens.
- Accountable for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the data loaded in Oracle
- Provide status of projects currently in-process
- Apply Quality steps to routing as required. (Data recording, special inspection, FAI etc…)
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of related experience in process engineer
- Equivalent years of experience in metal fabrication will be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of fabrication tools and equipment.
- Familiarity with various types of finishing and outside processes.
- Proficiency in Windows applications, (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills are required.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Experience with MRP and PLM software preferred.