Primary responsibilities include;
1) finance lead in the area of Manufacturing, inventory, monthly close, budgeting, reporting, and annual product cost planning,
2) assist Manufacturing Operations with inventory controls and inventory management,
3) business partner with the supply chain management team. This person will work closely with the VP of Manufacturing in Silicon Valley to provide support and develop metrics to measure performance. This person must have a solid understanding of cost accounting and ERP (QAD and Adaptive) systems. Strong leadership skills, business partnering and excellent communication skills are required.
" Business Partner / Support
• Provide financial analysis to the management team.
• Provide support in inventory management and inventory control.
• Manage relationship with contract manufacturers from the finance perspective.
• Prepare fluctuation analysis on month-to-month & quarter-to-quarter changes.
• Prepare excess & obsolescence and warranty reserve / analysis at quarter-end.
• Prepare & distribute monthly reporting package to the Finance & Operations management team.
• Develop metrics to measure performance.
" Forecasting / Budget to Actual Analysis
• Review monthly expenses for Manufacturing Operations.
• Maintain and monitor personnel requisitions.
• Prepare analysis on budget to actual variation and review actual expenses and forecast with department managers.
• Prepare rolling 4 quarter forecast by reviewing the expenses with department managers. Expenses include resources, spending, and capital equipment requirements.
• Prepare a monthly Cost of Goods Sold (CoGS) forecast
• Submit forecast to Corporate by the required due date using Hyperion.
• Review capital equipment request forms for compliance with Corporate Policy, accuracy, approval, and budget.
• Maintain a list of capital equipment request forms to monitor purchases and comparison to budget.
• Sarbanes-Oxley implementation
• Mergers & Acquisition / Integration
QAD or similar ERP experience preferred
Experience in managing inventory & cost accounting preferred
Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
Strong analytical skills
This job will be working closely with Manufacturing team and is required to be in Silicon Valley office 3+ days a week.