Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Do you…. Want to make a difference in patient lives? Join a diverse, high caliber, and agile team? Work on awesome products in all stages of the product lifecycle?
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer II to join our team. This position will support sustaining production and NPI activities to help grow the Acute product portfolio of the Heart Failure business.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people who share great ideas and partner with others both internally and externally to take action and deliver results.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in Electrophysiology & Hear Failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s Medical Device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Interface with vendors on component issues & process validations
- Author process validation protocols and reports. Including but not limited to equipment IQ, process OQ, process PQ, and product PPQ.
- Investigate & facilitate resolution of production & technical issues including root cause identification, corrective actions, and error proofing.
- Utilize various tools (DMAIC, Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, SPC, etc.) to analyze & improve processes, components, & products.
- Drive change orders impacting manufacturing process documentation, product structure, product/component specification changes & improvements
- Work collaboratively with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Support all Company initiatives identified by management and in support of our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- BS/ MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, etc. Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
- 2-3 years of manufacturing engineering experience and/or experience supporting a production environment required.
- Ability to work in a geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally
- Knowledge of ISO and/or FDA quality system regulations as it pertains to design transfer and process control.
- Previous medical device experience
- SAP, Windchill, and Solidworks CAD experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.