Manufacturing Development Engineer, AlInGaP Epitaxy
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy manufacturing environment. You’ll need to be a self-starter that can attack technical projects using a broad array of process, materials, device physics and characterization skills, make decisions using a data-driven approach, and work with cross-site, cross-functional groups. You will gain invaluable engineering experience and have fun in this rewarding impact role.
Lumileds is currently seeking a Manufacturing Development Engineer for their AlInGaP Epitaxy Process Engineering Group in San Jose, CA. The Manufacturing Engineer will help sustain existing manufacturing processes on production tools and work on yield and quality improvement projects. The Engineer will also work closely with R&D to transfer new processes into high volume manufacturing.
What You Will Do:
- Sustain and improve epitaxy and/or wafer fab processes.
- Utilize technical expertise and collaborate with an international cross-functional team to complete yield and quality improvement projects.
- Develop leading indicators and utilize statistical process control methodologies to improve product yields and distributions.
- Work closely with R&D teams to transfer latest processes to volume manufacturing
- Continuously improve existing and new processes to improve performance, yields and quality
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- M.S. or equivalent technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related field with knowledge of compound semiconductor device processes, epitaxy and/or materials characterization.
- Minimum of 2 years of semiconductor wafer fab and/or epitaxy experience.
- Experience with processes and equipment (MOCVD equipment, semiconductor characterization equipment), ideally high-volume tools, is desired.
- FMEA approach and root cause determination.
- Statistical analysis experience with background in SPC.
- Good communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Direct experience in epitaxy or wafer fabrication of phosphide and/or arsenide semiconductor materials.
- Direct experience with LEDs or laser diode devices.
- Understanding of compound semiconductor device physics
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition