Manager HCM Applications
Robert Half is seeking a Manager to join our innovated HCM Applications and Technology group. This team consists of highly skilled Software Engineers and Business Systems Analysts. This team supports the HCM, Payroll, Benefits and Time modules, currently in PeopleSoft 9. A critical integration that the team built, and supports are APIs integrating PeopleSoft Time functionality with our Native Mobile App and in the near-future with a Salesforce-based web client. In the next 3-4 years, our roadmap features the planning and implementation of the next-gen application to replace PeopleSoft 9. Application solution for our corporate, field and external (candidate/client) users continues to be built on PeopleSoft, API integrations, Lambda, AWS, automation and many other tools for integration and file/documents transfers.
We have a consistent track record of success in achieving a broad range of goals and timely delivery year after year. We have great leadership and individual contributor skills that have made our group successful and highly trusted by our business owners and IT partners. We have strong relationships within our team members, upper management and partner organizations that often result in win-win situations and foundation for future success. As a team, we are work-focused, cohesive, adaptable, and flexible with a positive attitude resulting in quantifiable results and wins! The team is encouraged to constantly evaluate and use new technologies/tools to adopt technological advances and make way for system efficiencies. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we embody a culture of recognition, caring, and involvement in company and community activities. We work hard but make the effort to enjoy a healthy work-life balance and fun while at work. We are very proud of our team which we consider our family at work! We are looking for someone who can provide leadership, architectural knowledge, functional and technical guidance to the team, represent the team in collaboration with business groups, IT partners and senior leadership.
This position requires a highly driven individual with strong emotional intelligence; a true self-starter with demonstrated experience in high growth, fast-paced organizations. The successful candidate will have the ability to collaborate across groups enterprise wide, to pave and oversee processes as our technology continues to grow, expand, and change, is detail oriented, and will be capable of managing multiple processes simultaneously.
This position is a part of ATI-HRFS (Applications Technology Innovation – Human Resources and Financial Services) and reports to Sr. Manager of ATI-HRFS FHCM/TCAST Business Operations Team. The position is designed as 100% remote and/or hybrid in office and will be required to travel to San Ramon Ca. up to two times a year for strategic planning.
o Manages the process of writing requirements, triaging issues, communicating with stakeholders, and prioritizing
o Manage and track all support requests including enhancements; prioritize and manage a timeline for delivery
o Collaborates with design teams in developing best practice customer-facing experiences that drive awareness, conversion, engagement, and business best practices. Seeks continuous improvement opportunities in this area.
o Drive projects from scoping to implementation
o Lead and continue to improve best practices for the team around operations and project delivery.
o Develop partnerships with the business and our cross-team partners
o Focus on the user and employee experience
o Provides updates, guidance and recommendations related to technology solutions and projects to staff, impacted ATI teams, Corp Services business teams, and senior ATI Management.
o Collaborates and consults with ATI Leadership, managers, and business owners to provide support during the solution delivery and application support phases, managing enhancements, maintenance priorities as applicable.
o Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensures that all applications running in various environments meet or exceed stated SLAs.
o Manage audit and SOX compliance processes
o Participates in the development of the Resource Plan and relationships across businesses to ensure service models and organizational readiness support product needs.
o Participates in and leads project estimating efforts as well providing input into the continuous improvement of the delivery estimating model.
o Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation
o Manage the team and will mentor, guide, and actively share knowledge across all team members
o Regularly reviews policies and procedures to identify gaps and outdated information; manages creation of new policies.
o Provides input into strategic plans and objectives.
o Acts as primary Hiring Manager for recruiting process and addressing any disciplinary actions or promotions within company policies and practices.
o Makes resource requirement and headcount recommendations based upon analysis and presents to vertical directors and business unit management for final decisions.
• Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent years of experience
• 5+ years of Team Leadership or Management experience in a fast-paced Global IT environment.
• Structural analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and resource planning.
• Development of multi-tier business applications.
• Management of full development lifecycles for software applications using tools such as MS Project, Visio, JIRA highly desired.
• Knowledge of data management, business intelligence methodologies, OLAP/integration tools and SQL highly desired.
• Strong knowledge of and demonstrated practice in customer service, business acumen, IT infrastructure technologies and end-user experience and technology project delivery preferred.
• Must be able to work independently and apply good judgment.
• Must be able to work within a team both as a leader and as a team member.
• Must be able to analyze circumstances or data that require evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Capable and willing to learn new technologies in support of established and newly identified business needs.
• Must be able to wield knowledge of related technologies to troubleshoot problems.
• Capable of collaborating and leading collaboration efforts with other customers, peers, managers, and suppliers to improve the quality and efficiency of service delivery.
• Must be able to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to convey knowledge to customers, peers, and managers of widely diverse skill levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer-service orientation.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA SAN RAMON CORP