Splunk is looking for a proven leader to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk's fast growing business. This position, reporting to the Director of Finance Operations (FinOps), will help lead our transaction and analytics team that provides support and partners across the entire FP&A department. You will work closely with FP&A business partners and get to know different businesses across the company. Candidates must have leadership and mentorship/people management experience, outstanding partnership and communication skills, and the ability to re-prioritize and deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and build crucial Finance processes across the organization.Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Responsible for FP&A fundamental transactional opex responsibilities such as authorization to spend or hire by reviewing/approving purchase orders and requisitions to ensure all relevant financial information is accurately recorded
- Perform monthly and quarterly spend accruals and develop the publication of budget vs. actuals Tableau reporting to assist in spend analysis and expense pacing across different functions
- Determines approaches and lead evaluation of options to direct junior team members on performing ad-hoc analysis
- Partner with FP&A systems and transformation teams to lead the improvement, streamlining, and elimination of unnecessary processes and workflow that will enhance the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization
- Collaborate and network with various functional departments outside of FP&A, specifically Accounting, Procurement, and other functions as appropriate
- Work cross functionally on SAP S/4, Ariba, and Anaplan functional improvements and other financial system initiatives
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5-8+ years of related finance experience, preferably with project involvement with systems implementation and data quality
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the derails and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Encouraging and effective leader with experience building high functioning teams
- Work with stakeholders in various time zones and cultures
- Understanding of how to use KPI's and metrics to story-tell and influence decision making
- Basic financial acumen broadly across a global organization (e.g., understanding of public company financial statements, chart of accounts, expense recognition, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, and VLOOKUP's) a must. Workday, Jobvite, Anaplan, SAP, Ariba experience a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related relevant areas
- Masters degree, CPA, and/or other certifications are a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!