Manager ESG Programs
The Manager, ESG Programs is responsible for managing cross-departmental operational and strategic initiatives for ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance), including strategy development and execution, reporting, and ongoing collaboration. Works directly with subject-matter experts across departments and groups to develop and execute business ESG initiatives. Programs typically involve extensive collaboration across the business to enable implementation of best practices and data reporting, responding to strategic ESG ratings, rankings, and awards in order to enhance brand reputation and contribute to customer, investor, and employee and future talent engagement. ESG programs are typically related to governance, legal, human resources, cybersecurity, privacy, communications, environmental, and field/sales work and are fundamentally cross-collaborative in nature. ESG program managers are responsible for helping to lead these programs and partner across the business to collaborate and implement best practices to enhance the Company’s ESG governance policies, procedures and disclosures, and program managers conduct program plans and execution, including strategy development, implementation, reporting and internal and external communications.
- Design ESG program management approach including developing the project or program charter, identify program stakeholders, and document program resource plan which integrates and aligns with project work plans and budgets. ESG programs typically are enterprise-wide and comprise multiple functional and technical projects and deliver transformational strategic and brand business benefit; may span multiple years
- Ensure that ESG staff and other internal stakeholders understand their roles, responsibilities, and assigned work expectations to contribute to the company’s ESG programs and reporting
- Serve as the subject matter expert in ESG reporting, including leading efforts to publish annual ESG reports, and provide company responses to ratings and rankings agencies such as ISS, MSCI, CSA, and EcoVadis
- Identify and document key ESG program parameters through the lens of human rights and social considerations such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Human Resources, and Talent Staffing.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing ESG to achieve brand, stakeholder, and reputational benefits
- Work with business partners and other key stakeholders to develop plans, communications mechanisms and strategies to most effectively drive ESG awareness
- Develop and manage cross-functional ESG projects through lifecycle, scale and tailor ESG projects and programs as appropriate, and ensure that ESG program and project plans include provisions for organizational change management
- Identify ESG gaps, developing business and social cases and charter, selecting appropriate tools, and managing implementation
- Help develop and leverage the program governance model (i.e., ESG Taskforce) to influence decision-making and minimize risk to the program
- Oversee effective communications among internal partners and customers, vendors, and senior executives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years ESG program management experience with significant responsibility progression
- 3+ years team leadership experience preferred
- Proficiency with project management methodologies including planning and scheduling, budget tracking, risk, issue, and change management
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- General to advanced knowledge of general business functions
- Strong industry knowledge in human rights and social justice
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with technical and data teams where needed
- PMP and CCMP certifications for equivalents are desirable.
- Strong work ethic and self-discipline
- Ability to prioritize and focus effort
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Advanced ability to manage and coach others
- Strong ability to influence others and present ideas persuasively
- Excellent budgeting and planning ability
- Strong ability to plan and manage complex projects
- Ability to interact effectively with senior-level audiences
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including conflict resolution
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills
- Excellent change management skills
- Ability to provide effective training and performance feedback
- Experience implementing ESG reporting and ratings frameworks such as SASB, GRI, TCFD, ISS, CSA, and MSCI.
- Familiarity with communications and marketing efforts around sustainability and ESG in order to enhance stakeholder engagement and brand reputation
- Strong knowledge of sustainability and ESG datasets, programs, and best practices
- Ability to develop a program to accomplish partner's larger strategy.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP