At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.SM
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
Responsible for assisting with quality monitoring, training and maintaining process documentation. Review and transcription of medical documentation from providers. Determine rework of services including analyzing cost/charge requirements. Review of sensitive laboratory and HIV results and completion. Ongoing communication with team members and other operational departments from issue resolution to order completion.
- Assist with conducting trainings, performing quality checks and issue resolution for new hires and continuous learning trainings for existing specialists
- Review and decide on inquiries from Provider Network Management and Accounts Payable in regards to payment to providers
- Review and decide on when to apply or waive charge and cost on services that will be charged to the customer based on contractual guidelines and by thorough review of order documentation
- Advise team members when missing components require follow-up appointments to be scheduled including what service codes are required
- Analyze order notes, task notes, history and medical and/or dental program guidelines to ensure contract specifications are met as well as ensuring these results are adequate for professional medical and/or review
- Ongoing communication within Data Control department and other operational departments to ensure exams are received from practitioners and processed in a timely manner
- Identify issues that require communications with various internal departments to facilitate completion of an order, verify contract requirement or resolve contract issues
- Assist in decision making based on contract requirements and guidelines
- Assist with writing and maintaining content of documents for the department related to the production of its daily work flow to include work instructions, standard operating procedures and reference materials
- Monitor departmental and company tasks and assignments to determine if immediate attention is required by emailing, meeting or calling another operational unit, provider or employee to ensure it gets completed in order to meet departmental/company goals and turn around expectations
- Perform data entry, manage department email inboxes and sort and distribute emails to appropriate team members
- Provide operational triage assistance and basic education for misrouted customer inquiries
- Act as a resource and liaison to support team members and internal/external customers with processes, training, education and issue resolution related to services provided based on contract guidelines and contractual requirement while building strong working relationships.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years similar or related work experience
- Database experience (maintenance and querying) and working with electronic files/documents
- Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets, input data, tables)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create presentations and modify as needed)
- Microsoft Outlook (calendaring and email)
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associates Degree in Business, Health Information Technology, or related field
- Basic understanding of military protocol and / or military experience
- Knowledge of adult learning/training methods and tools
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical or Dental transcription experience
- Prior informal leadership experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong ability to make sound judgment calls and decisions on a daily basis with limited information and guidance
- Strong analytical thinking; multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment and the ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Data entry, lead, La Crosse, WI, LHI, Logistics Health. data control, database, health information technology, adult learning, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, RPO