Combine the two fastest-growing fields on the planet-information technology and health care-with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get: leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The statements listed below are not intended to be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the position. Based on leadership decisions and business needs, “all other duties as assigned” will be expected for each position.
Lead, mentor and train a team of Technology Support Services who provide general computer support to all internal users as well as external customers and providers. Subject Matter Expert in all areas of Technology Support Services. Act as POC during incidents or outages. Represent Tech Support in meetings or projects. Assist Supervisor and Manager in providing day-to-day direction of team activities.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
Working Schedule: This is a full-time position that supports 24x7 coverage; The hours/Schedule are Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday , 8am-5pm/9am-6pm CST
- Respond to escalated requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically (tickets)
- Educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
- Diagnose and resolve escalated technical hardware and software issues in the escalation queue.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions. Ensure tickets are picked up by due date
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates. Lead projects and team efforts.
- QA the teams who provision new user hardware/ software
- QA desktop support technician 1’s tickets and calls using tools provided
- Train and mentor desktop support technicians including developing training plans, live call monitoring, call recordings
- Clone computers using imaging software; QA, create and maintain clone images
- Update and assist leadership team with the development of work instructions, standard operating procedures, and processes to ensure clear understanding and compliance
- Escalate incidents to TCC when appropriate or direct to department as applicable.
- Travel to company locations to assist with facility setup, support or maintenance, as needed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Networking or other related field or Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a desktop support role.
- Leadership experience with the ability to coach and lead a team.
- Experience working with a ticketing system, Microsoft Office and Microsoft back office products.
- Ability and willingness to work 1st shift - Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday, 8am-5pm/9am-6pm CST
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and prioritize workload (for self and others) in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Must also demonstrate commitment to solving user problems.
- Ability to adhere to procedures and maintain accurate detailed records.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, desktop support technician, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin, wfh, hiring immediately lead, #RPO