At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
If you are located in the La Crosse, WI area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist Data Control Supervisor with quality service monitoring, performance feedback and prioritizing of daily tasks in order to meet departmental task initiatives
- Foster communication between Records Management Specialists and internal / external customers in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven and goal structured environment
- Provide support to staff in order to ensure that LHI’s contractual obligations and the departmental objectives are achieved
- Act as a resource and liaison to staff and internal/external customers to interpret and answer operational questions related to services provided based on contract guidelines and contractual requirements
- Respond to customer complaints and internal/external customer questions or concerns when circumstances fall outside the specialist roles or direction is needed
- Provide guidance and prioritization of workload, including e - mail, phone, and fax queues, based on department demands and ensure contractual obligations are achieved
- Review and assist with auditing, error and Key Performance Indicator reports to ensure accurate reporting with prompt follow up response times and addressing problems and issues
- Monitor departmental and company tasks and assignments to determine if immediate attention is required by emailing, meeting or calling another operational unit, provider or service member to ensure it gets completed in order to meet departmental/company goals and turn around expectations
- Coordinate with trained staff and other operational departments to ensure tasks are completed correctly and up to the customer / LHI contract guidelines
- Review and respond to inquiries from Provider Network Management and Accounts Payable in regards to payments to providers
- Advise specialists on when to Apply Charge or Waive Cost on services that will be charged to the customer or paid to the provider based on contractual guidelines and history of the order
- Advise specialists when missing components require follow-up appointments to be scheduled including what service codes are required
- Review, develop, implement, and test logic of event tree and low to medium impact process change requests through Process Change Control and meeting with other operational units, IT and staff
- Update and assist leadership team with the development of departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures, and processes to ensure clear understanding and contract compliance – includes training and mentoring staff
- Assist with documenting feedback, writing SMART Goals and performance reviews
- Monitor departmental phone queue assignments to ensure customer satisfaction and all calls are answered professionally and promptly
- Assist team staff on system and computer / phone issues – includes submitting troubleshooting tickets for Service Desk help
- Assist with departmental hires including interviews
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years similar or related work experience
- Data entry and customer service experience
- Knowledge of healthcare documentation and terminology
- Proficient typing ability
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting), Microsoft Word (creating and editing word documents), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Electronic file / database management experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas that provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Residing in a location that can receive a high-speed internet connection (additional information on UnitedHealth Group approved internet providers and restrictions will be provided)
- Must reside within a commutable distance of La Crosse, WI
- Associates Degree (or higher) in Medical, Business, Health Information Technology, or related field
- Previous leadership and / or supervisory experience
- Administrative support in a medical, dental, or healthcare environment
- Knowledge of military procedures and protocols
- Medical or dental transcription
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and meet firm deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking, multi - tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time - sensitive deadlines established by contract and departmental requirements
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, goal oriented environment
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the changing business requirements
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Medical transcription, dental transcription, health information, electronic files, data entry, medical terminology, heath records, dental records, medical database, database management, technology, La Crosse, WI, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo