Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
- Evaluate and approve order requests.
- Collaborate with Veteran Services and Medical Director regarding difficult Disability Benefit Questionnaire (DBQ) order requests; completion of system generated tasks.
- Ongoing communication within the VA Clinical Operations Department and other LHI departments to ensure order requests are accurate before approving.
- Review Compensation & Pension (C&P) request documents and claims file for completion of the claims file outline to facilitate LHI providers in location of pertinent information to ensure timely review and accurate completion of Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQs).
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma / GED
Experience/completed training with at least one of the following:
o Medical Assistant
o Health Information Technology (HIT)
o Completion of the Clinical Upskilling course
o Completion of the following 4 courses: Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Human Body Systems, and Common Diseases
Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents
- Military experience
- Knowledge/experience with traumatic brain injuries and neuropsychological testing
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT and ICD 9/10 coding
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to identify lab results and ancillary services
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM