Lead Game Designer with Unreal experience needed for an independent game developer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Andrea Silberberg
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are a privately-held industry leader in game developing, and have grown within the gaming industry while building a reputation for compelling game play and innovation. Since 2017, we have pivoted into a new gaming genre, narrative adventures!
*PLEASE SEND ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION QUESTIONS TO [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] DIRECTLY AFTER YOU APPLY*
1. How many years of experience do you have in game design and programming?
2. Do you have experience creating narratives and levels?
3. How many years of experience do you have with Unreal? Is this recent?
4. What annual salary are you looking for?
5. Are you okay with working full-time remotely?
6. Will you be requiring sponsorship now or in the future?
7. Why are you looking for a new position at this time?
Why join us?
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Collaborate with the game director to develop a shared vision that merges gameplay and story
- Mentor a team of gameplay designers to create innovative game experiences
- Understand the needs of our players and ensure the gameplay developed by the team contributes to an engaging and memorable player experience
- Work with the story team to break the story with an eye toward gameplay
- Get your hands dirty in the prototypes and game systems
- Work closely with everyone to create clear creative strategies and solve creative problems
- Listen to all the ideas, coherently answer questions, and protect the core vision
- Review, troubleshoot, and provide feedback
- Be a passionate leader every day
- Unreal experience
- 6+ years of experience in game design, preferably with 3+ years as a Lead Designer or Design Director
- Significant involvement in 2 published games, with at least 1 project at senior level
- Strong knowledge of player mentality and motivations
- Strong technical ability to prototype game mechanics
- Passionate about narrative adventure games and the desire to grow their gameplay
- Knowledge of contemporary gameplay design
- Strong understanding of current and past game trends
- Familiarity with a variety of editors and scripting languages
- Understanding the specific needs of narrative adventure games
- Shipped at least 1 narrative adventure game
- Puzzle design experience, especially in the context of narrative adventures
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.