Ref ID: 00420-0011690343
Classification: Human Resources (HR) Manager
A leading San Jose area law firm is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join their team in a permanent position. This position will be key to the firm’s partners and attorneys, and a member of the practice office management team. Responsibilities of the position will include employee relations for all attorneys, paralegals, and staff; support of staff recruiting, hiring, orientation, interviewing, training, and oversight including by not limited to managing non-exempt timesheets; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and reviewing recommendations for promotion, compensation, and termination, under the direction of the partners. The successful candidate will be able to execute, interpret, and implement local California and Federal labor laws in compliance with the firms standards, have strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and accuracy; excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to multitask and thrive under tight deadlines. Candidates should have the ability to instill confidence and trust among professional and support constituencies, demonstrate a commitment to maintaining confidentiality, and demonstrate a high-performance standard with a focus on client service and professionalism.
Secondarily, the position will include responsibility for implementing, improving, and/or managing various law firm processes (e.g., project management for larger client matters, electronic document archival, entry of billable hours, etc). The Human Resources Manager will also report to and directly support the firm’s Office Manager.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of five years' experience as a Human Resources Manager in a law firm or professional services environment.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• PHR, PHRca, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification strongly desired.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Proven record of detail-oriented experience in the management of day to day responsibilities.
• A strong knowledge of local, California and Federal employment laws and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems
• Competence with computers and other technology as needed.