You will be responsible for delivering and configuring network infrastructure equipment, services and solutions needed to support client data center systems and environments.
- Long term contract. with possible hire after 91 days
- Standard work hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm (over time and on call as needed)
- High school / GED or equivalent required.
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years' data networking experience in a data center environment or related IT technician environment.
- Experience in using a laptop to set configurations on equipment such as routers, switches and other components of an IP Network.
- Proven ability to make software changes (upload, download & SW regression) and installing new software and hardware into various devices such as PCs, routers, servers, etc.
Other Qualifications, Skills & Certifications:
- CCNA, Server+, Network+, ITIL Foundations
- Valid Driver's license may be required.
- Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
- On-site support at client premises performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, server imaging, deployment, configuration, rebuild and decommissions.
- Physically install, configure and test network assets (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in network closets and data center network cabinets.
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network performance issues and Ensure the data network and all related equipment are in optimal working condition.
- Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed.
- Utilize network monitoring software tool during maintenance windows to ensure that all monitored network equipment is functioning in accordance with our clients' standards and SLAs, both before and after changes are made.
- Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of advanced services such as:
- Servers (Virtual & Physical)
- Storage & Backup Devices
- Server Appliances
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (E.g. Nutanix, Cisco UCS)
- Tape Storage Units
- Power Distribution Units rated 3KVA and below
- SAN Fabric Switches
- Network Switches
- KVM Units
- WAN Optimization Devices
- Access Points
- Cables which connect the device to itself, a peripheral, or a power/network port
- Propose and implement hardware and software upgrades that will improve the performance and reliability of the network system.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.