Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Community Employment Services - Supported Employment Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is currently hiring Job Coaches for our renowned Project SEARCH program. The Job Coach provides individualized service to Hope Services clients to assess and remediate personal and social barriers, which inhibit success in community settings. May also provide job-site training and intervention as assigned for Hope Services clients placed in community employment settings and work closely with clients and employers to determine job training goals and ongoing success. Assures quality of services provided are consistent with Hope Services mission and values.
Purpose of the Job Coach - Project SEARCH position
To implement the Project Search worksite internship program for trainees with disabilities in hosted business settings. Performs all duties to assure a positive relationship and business outcome for the host organization as well as the interns.
Hourly pay rate $ 17.00 -$ 1 9.25/hr commensurate with experience.
Principle Responsibilities of the Job Coach - Project SEARCH positio
1. Represent HOPE in the day-to-day Project Search activities at worksite. Work collaboratively with school districts, host employer's management /staff, SARC staff and families
2. Write a program plan with each intern which represents that intern's objectives in attending Project Search, defines objectives for each rotation and leads directly into a job development plan at the successful completion of the internship. Consider input from each intern's entire circle of support in the writing of the plan.
3. Under PS Instructor direction, works with adult interns and school Instructors, school district Job Coaches and host management and staff to assure consistent program implementation.
4. Provide regular, specific and frequent feedback to the interns and communicate regularly with each adult intern's key support persons and/or the PS Instructor regarding progress and needs. Under direction of PS Instructor, schedule and facilitate monthly staffings/communications for each intern. Provide on-going and collaborative problem solving
5. Provide individualized support for all interns on their rotation assignments, coordinated with the PS Team, including job coaching, building natural supports, identifying job accommodations, assistive technology, and other as needed.
6. Perform sophisticated task analyses, job analyses and job matching, maintain detailed data collection and implement and adapt individualized teaching strategies as developed with the team.
7. Provide individualized support to interns prepare for employment at the end of the internship, including interview skills, resumes, a job development plan, interview clothes, and a job search plan
8. Provide travel training as necessary.
9. Help with job development for the interns; act as the HOPE Representative for host employer if they hire any of the interns, providing direct service to the clients and support to the host employer.
10. Assist with case review, maintain client files, and assure completion of monthly reports.
11. Act as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. Other duties as assigned to support the goals of the Agency and assure program efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications of the Job Coach - Project SEARCH position
The Job Coach - Project SEARCH High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Job Coach - Project Search position:
1. Professional level English skills, both verbal and written.
2. Ability to communicate with and train persons with developmental disabilities
3. Knowledge of and experience with travel training
4. Knowledge of advocacy, ADA, DOL and employment related issues for the disabled.
5. Ability to do job analysis in conjunction with school district at the standard required by PS
6. Understanding of and ability to implement person centered planning as well as individual training plans.
7. Ability to work with a wide range of people, communicating well with Department Managers at host employers, Teachers, Families and clients; ability to facilitate bridge building for Interns in their work settings.
8. Self-starting, independent, able to work well without close supervision, with good judgment and reliability.
9. Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
10. Ability to complete reports and data collection on the computer, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
11. Ability to manage time and multiple priorities
12. Ability to travel to multiple locations.
13. Ability to use good judgement and decision making and problem solving skills
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in work locations, standing, bending and manipulating materials. Travel to various work site locations throughout the assigned setting. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, dust and airborne particles.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.