- 7+ years of experience in the design and implementation of distributed highly available multi-tier systems in structured object-oriented programming languages
- Excellent command of the Java programming language and expertise with standard Java libraries
- Comfortable in a Unix environment, with an understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with web service protocols such as SOAP and REST
- Experience with message broker technologies such as TibcoEMS or Kafka
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases, particularly Oracle.
- Knowledge of clustering development frameworks such as Ignite, Reddison, Spark
- Knowledge of network integration with devices via wireless protocols such as Zigbee or 2030.5
- Experience with ESB technologies such as MuleESB
- Experience with product scalability/performance analysis and tuning
- Knowledge of PLC, version control and build systems, such as Maven and Git.
- Working knowledge of python and/or unix shell scripts
- Comfortable with automated testing (unit/service-layer/UI)
- Interest/experience with electric power distribution business domain
- Experience delivering products in a Continuous delivery/Continuous deployment pipeline.
- Knowledge of cloud services, microservice architecture and containers