Samsung SDS is looking for Inventory - IT Asset Management to work in our R&D support team based in San Jose, CA. Our team shares uncompromising passion for excellence and breakthroughs. This is your chance to join a team that is on a cutting edge of IT Technologies and supports research and innovation center with product design and research labs.
The Lab inventor - IT Asset management is responsible for equipment purchasing and asset tracking using tools such as Jira, RFTrack and other similar tools.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with purchasing procedures and poses documentation skills - we will train you on the rest. Internally this role title is ICT E.T.C.
- Manage labs' purchase & shipping requests
- Identify and contact vendors for specifics items per projects need
- Maintain purchasing information, files/records, and new vendor registration
- Request quotations for comparison and price negotiation with vendors
- Prepare required docs & submit order requests & work closely with Finance Purchasing team to provide necessary info to complete internal PO process
- Actively follow up for status of PO, follow up with vendors on ETA and delivery schedule
- Receive new orders and enter in JIRA system for tracking purpose, maintain life cycle of JIRA system
- Collaborate with Finance/Accounting for invoicing and payment processing
- Drive physical audits and perform regular inventory and support asset management team
- Prepare and coordinate and receive incoming shipments. Compare packing lists with purchase details to ensure accurate make, model, and quantities are received.
- Perform ad hoc requests as directed by on-site management.
- Collaborate and maintain business relationships in order to meet and exceed client expectations with respect to Business as Usual and project activities.
- Train, mentor, and suggest improvements / modifications.
- 2+ years of purchasing and inventory management experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to move servers to and from main DC to the colocation and labs.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux OS types.
- Ability to learn new technologies with an interest in expanding and applying this knowledge as new emerge.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables within expected timelines
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to details, and willingness to learn and be methodical about following procedures.
- Able to work independently as a part of a larger team in a global organization.
- Able to multitask in high pressure situations and take ownership of project / tasks from planning, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- After hours and weekend support and/or alternative work schedules are required at various points in the year
- High School Diploma required
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)