UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior International Legal Services Specialist (Corporate Paralegal) is part of a team responsible for all aspects of subsidiary corporate governance for international legal entities at UnitedHealth Group. Team member will have ownership of corporate governance activities for a distinct set of international legal entities, work independently on routine matters and partner closely with attorneys on complex projects. This position requires communication with business leaders, attorneys, outside counsel and board members. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen attention to detail and demonstrate an ability to make sound judgment decisions. Knowledge and experience dealing with foreign jurisdictions a plus, including background in complex transactions involving foreign entities.
- Assist with board and shareholder meetings in accordance with statutory requirements, to include drafting agendas, assembling board materials and preparing minutes.
- Manage corporate filings, license renewals, review auditor engagement letters and coordinate board and shareholder approval of financial statements.
- Review and draft board and shareholder resolutions to approve (a) election and resignation of directors and officers; (b), transactional activities; (c) compliance/regulatory policies and (d) additional actions to support operations and meet statutory obligations.
- Maintain corporate record books that meet enterprise record retention policies and local jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide legal support to tax, privacy, accounting, compliance and other business functions.
- Validate stock ledgers and report entity legal structure events and create organizational charts.
- Coordinate notarization and foreign legalization of documents.
- Conduct research and draft or review documents to support restructuring transactions, entity formations and merger and dissolution of entities.
- Collaborate with treasury team to provide legal documents required to open international bank accounts and update banking resolutions.
- Manage due diligence and know your customer requests from corporate secretarial firms, financial institutions and third-party service providers.
- Navigate international websites, registrars and regulatory portals to support corporate filings.
- Ability to identify legal issues, conduct research and identify solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 or more years of experience as a corporate paralegal, or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in legal and internet research
- Knowledge of legal entity structure and organizational charts
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Paralegal degree
- 5 or more years of overall professional experience in a corporate legal role
*No international travel is required for this position*
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Paralegal, Legal, International, Global, Governance, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota