Our client a well-known and innovative tech organization is looking to add an Instructional Designer/Trainer to their team! The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator and exceptional program manager who is enthusiastic about creating an environment where people come to do their best work. As part of the Business Operation team within Wallet, Payments, and Commerce you will help to design as well as organize, manage, and scale a comprehensive leaning & development program focused on onboarding and developing the people who make up our diverse, global, and multidisciplinary organization.
This is a 6 month contracted role and MUST sit local to Cupertino, CA or surrounding areas.
- Ability to proactively build a comprehensive learning and development program for the Business Operation organization.
- Design training programs as part of new employee onboarding process as well as support the development of managers and expand their leadership capabilities.
- Experience in assessing learning needs and identifying performance gaps.
- Facilitate strategic discussions with leaders to identify needs, align on goals and objectives, scope requests, and plan strategy for launch, delivery, and scale.
- Lead the content collection and development efforts, leveraging Apple resources as much as possible and partnering with adjacent teams to standardize messaging.
- Roll the program out globally to a distributed audience.
- Establish methods for measuring and reporting on learner engagement, retention, and application.
- Description From onboarding through ongoing career development and training, you will define and deliver on a strategic learning and development roadmap that aligns with our business objectives and supports this growing organization.
- In this role you will collaborate closely with leaders as well as partner teams and parallel groups within the organizations business.
- With a direct impact on our employees’ professional journey, this is a role for a creative mind, a problem solver, an amazing communicator, and an implementer who wants to contribute and lead on several fronts at once.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years in a training & development role in a large, corporate environment, developing and managing training materials, coordinating, and delivering training content, partnering with leadership to build course work, and evaluating results
- 3+ years’ experience in program/project management or comparable role
- Practical understanding of adult learning theory and ability to recommend and implement learning solutions
- Experience defining curriculum strategies, designing training plans, as well as training delivery
- Flexibility in schedule, allowing you to work with employees across timezones
- Experience collaborating and driving projects with distributed teams across multiple timezones and languages and cultures strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence at all corporate levels using multiple methods
- Proficiency in different strategies to engage learners through presentation, facilitation, and mentorship, as well as use of online and offline training concepts.
- Analytical mentality with experience and ideas on how to measure success of training programs
- Outstanding and polished communication skills
- Eagerness to accept accountability, displaying ownership over work and the impact it has on the success of the business.
- Ability to work highly independently with little guidance on the day-to-day running of projects.
- Willingness to see challenging projects through completion and shown ability to work well with others under pressure.
- Experience creating content for and publishing within a Content or Learning Management System
- Experience with learning management systems, content management and reporting, as well as effectively utilizing remote learning apps & tools.
- Knowledge and ease working in collaboration tools (ex: Quip, Slack)
- Proficiency in Keynote and familiarity with the functionality of multimedia tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA or comparable business experience preferred