Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This technical position is an individual contributor reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Security Operations. This position will be responsible for the end-to-end information security management to include early engagement consulting, security solutions architecture, security testing, technical risk assessment, governance, and expert level remediation recommendations for mission critical projects and programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use cybersecurity tools to detect and analyze events to mitigate threats
- Respond to alerts from information security tools
- Perform assessments of systems and networks and identifies where those systems / networks deviate from acceptable configurations and standards
- Measure effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities and in compliance with applicable contractual, regulatory, statutory, and company policies
- Uses cyber indicators to maintain awareness of status of environment and assess threats
- Employs discovery techniques to examine events, assess validity and, if applicable, understand cause
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system weaknesses
- Serves as a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the organization for solutions, procedures, and implementation of security controls
- Conducts risk assessment and provide recommendations for application / system / architecture design
- Participates in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Identifies threats and develops appropriate protection measures
- Review system changes for security implications and recommends improvements as identified
- Escalation point for security incident response, offering expertise to ensure prompt and effective resolution
- Provide analysis of and suggest solutions to complex security issues
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols for security platform operations
- Collaborate with directors, managers, project managers, architects, and other technical leads to ensure continuity and communication across teams as well as mitigation of risks to the company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Cybersecurity and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience providing security leadership and operational support for complex enterprise security projects / programs for large enterprise organizations
- 1+ years of experience in network / security architecture, engineering, and technical oversight for large enterprise systems with federally regulated data flows
- Knowledge of infrastructure, application, and data security architecture best practices
- Ability to identify and mitigate Cybersecurity risks
- Ability to communicate complex Cybersecurity concepts to both technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to obtain and keep required (government and other) security clearances
- Demonstrated knowledge or hands-on experience with security platform policy management in multiple security platforms
- Have or be in process of obtaining advanced certifications pertinent to cybersecurity (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience with large healthcare services or financial services and often in-depth technical requirements of a health benefits or financial services company
- Background in Federal government work, including an understanding of government publications NIST SP 800-53. CMMC, HIPAA, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge or hands-on experience with network technologies (802.1x, 802.1Q, VXLAN), Unified Communications Management, routing protocols (MPLS, QinQ, BGP), common application ports and protocols, firewall rule management, network security fundamentals (DDOS protection, NIDS, IPS, VPN), common network attacks and vectors
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with private and public cloud computing architectures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Salesforce)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Information Security Engineer, Cybersecurity, Security Analyst, Information Security Architect, Security Solutions Architecture, Security Testing, Risk Assessment, Governance, Cybersecurity, Operational Support, Network Security Architecture, Data Security, Security+, CISSP, Cloud Computing, AWS, Healthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, La Crosse. WI, Wisconsin