For over 30 years, Smith & Noble has been enhancing homes with custom shades, blinds and drapes. We add the finishing touch that enriches the way homes look and feel.
Quite simply our customers can look stylish, see better, sleep sounder, be safer and save money. How many companies can do all that?
Our roots are as innovators of design, but we aren’t rocket scientists - just great people inspired to provide quality products and serve our customers the right way.
Do you love design? Do you love sales? Then, consider joining Smith & Noble!
We are looking for motivated, passionate and resourceful In-Home Designers who can leverage their eye for style to enrich the way that people feel in their home using our custom shades, blinds and drapes.
Therefore, if you are someone who dreams and does, thinks and acts and is inspired to care, we want to chat.
How You’ll Help
- Conduct in-home design appointments alongside customers and match our premium collection of custom shades, drapes, blinds and shutters to customers’ style preferences and functional needs.
- Close sales opportunities by building a genuine rapport with customers and demonstrate key features and benefits of Smith & Noble products and service offerings.
- Showcase our commitment to service and care by following established systems and procedures that reflect positively on the company and build trust with consumers.
- Use innovative digital selling tools and standards to measure, record, and configure specifications accurately and efficiently
- Work collaboratively with fellow designers and internal partners and seek opportunities to continually improve the experience for customers and Smith & Noble team members.
- Build upon our culture and mission that is built on going the extra mile to exceed customer expectations by demonstrating Creativity, Care, Respect and Integrity.
Responsibilities You’ll Have
- Make yourself accessible for appointments by providing at least 45 hours of availability per week including minimum three Saturdays and two evenings.
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge and standards by using company-provided reference materials and by participating in ongoing trainings and workshops.
- Strive to meet sales goals by building strong client relationships and demonstrating resourcefulness, adaptability, self-reliance and critical thinking skills.
- Build professional, productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners by expressing thoughts, ideas, concerns in a positive, respectful manner.
What Smith & Noble Offers
- A consistent flow of qualified leads comprised of consumers who are in the market for custom window treatments and have asked to have a Smith & Noble designer visit their home
- A full-time, entrepreneurial job that provides rewarding work-life integration
- A generous compensation plan based on commission earnings with no cap and higher commission for any sales that come from leads you generate
- A training program that consists of initial training and on-going education to ensure that you have the knowledge to maximize your income
- Competitive compensation, based 100% on commission earnings with no cap, ranging from an average of $50,000 per year for less skilled designers to $120,000 for exceptional designers
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Paid time off
- Training and ramp-up pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with Company match
- Guidance and support from regional and national sales leaders
- A fun, collegial, supportive, transparent Company culture and employee experience
What Smith & Noble Looks For
- High school diploma or equivalent is a requirement, college degree or some college coursework is preferred
- In-home or outside sales experience preferably in custom products/services
- Experience in a retail environment, preferably in home furnishings and décor
- Proficiency using computer software applications and ability to learn new technology and systems
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and insurance coverage
- Passion for design, sales and building lifetime customer relationships