JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Specialist reports to the Director of Policy Administration. This position is responsible for assisting with Company policy compliance and development and making recommendations for improvements, where necessary.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An employee might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
• Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
• Responsible for coordinating the revisions of New Jersey Business Forms (NJBF) HR field documents.
• Assists in the development of Company policies and distribution.
• Assists with the Field Coordinator (HR) Employee Support Center ticket resolution.
• Makes recommendations to management regarding compliance improvements needed.
• Responsible for creating and co-presenting on HR compliance trainings, when needed.
• Performs additional functions, duties and tasks of a similar nature and scope as may be required by department management to achieve initiatives.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 2 years' progressively responsible, related experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
• Human Resources experience required.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Must be advanced user of MS Office; In Excel, must have ability to create pivot tables, utilize VLOOKUP function, and to create and use formulas.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and writing skills along with planning and project management skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively.
• Strong customer service skills desired.
• Ability to develop rapport with all levels of human resources and management personnel.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Must be self directed and capable of meeting multiple deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Computer usage.
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
• Regular talking and hearing.
• Frequent sitting.
• Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work primarily performed in an office environment.
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.