Ref ID: 04692-0011900526
Classification: Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Compensation: $20.90 to $22.00 hourly
Assisted Living facility in Castro Valley is in need of an ONSITE HR Coordinator. This position will be M-F, 8am-5pm. As a Human Resources (HR) Assistant you will answer routine questions related to employee benefits and personnel policies and practices, rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, and work under immediate supervision of Human Resources Manager.
In this ONISTE Human Resources (HR) Assistant position you will be responsible for:
• Provides a variety of administrative support including word processing, scanning and filing. Operates office equipment (i.e. fax machine, copier, scanner, computer and phone).
• Processes employee requests to include but not limited to providing badges, benefit packages, responding to new hire questions and policy and procedure questions, and worker’s compensation questions.
• Coordinates the recruitment process to include posting of open requisitions on various recruiting sites, arranging interviews and checking references as required. Responds to applicants and updates the HRIS platform as necessary.
• Coordinates and monitors the on boarding process for candidates.
• Ensures employees are in compliance with TB testing, physicals, work permits, certifications, licenses, etc. as required by Title 22 and Baywood Court policy.
• Processes employment verifications.
• Maintains employee databases (i.e. vehicle registration, locker assignments, employee phone directory etc.).
• Creates and replenishes new hire, benefit and worker’s compensation packets.
• Welcomes visitors and guests to the business office and HR, answers questions and handles inquiries.
• Supports the Business Office and community with administrative duties as requested.
• Processes payroll in the absence of the accounting assistant or controller.
• Collates the accounts payable invoices and mails the vendor checks.
• Performs mass mailings in support of the Accounting department.
• Maintains bulletin boards and the HRIS platform with policies, memos, etc.
• Types letters and correspondence to and for employees.
• Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information as outlined under HIPAA regulations.
The ideal Human Resources (HR) Assistant is:
- friendly, kind, adaptable, a good communicator, assertive, someone who is going to get the job done
- bi-lingual Spanish preferred not required
- has 2 years of general office experience or HR exp.
- able to sit for 75% of day and be able to lift up to 10 pounds and be able to bend and reach
- good at typing
If you are interested and qualified in this Human Resources (HR) Assistant role, apply today!