The Human Resources Coordinator completes administrative duties for the Human Resources department, assisting with recruitment, maintaining employee records, payroll processing, data entry, and benefits. This position will be on-site three days per week with some Saturday coverage required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONIBILITIES
- Screens, recruits, and interviews potential hourly employees
- Manages recruitment lifecycle (post positions, screen/forward applicants, interview applicants for hourly positions, process background and reference checks)
- Onboards new employees (new hire paperwork, creating personnel file, request IT setup as needed)
- Provides management with requested reports and documents
- Coordinates events focused on employee relations
- Oversees data entry and maintenance of employee records in HRIS
- Accurately maintains employee files
- Conducts file audits as prompted by Director of Human Resources
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities.
- Assists/supports payroll
- Assists employees with benefit enrollments and answering benefit-related questions
- Provide translation as needed for Spanish-speaking employees
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in the Spanish language.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to build rapport with all employees.
- Very organized, detail oriented and completes work in timely manner.
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and ATS systems.
- High school diploma is required.
- One year of experience in a Human Resources capacity is preferred.
- Prior Hospitality experience is preferred, ideally in a luxury environment.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid CA Drivers License required. CPR/First Aid Certification is recommended.