Ref ID: 00420-9502170555
Classification: Human Resources Assistant
Compensation: $18.00 to $23.00 hourly
The HR Assistant maintains employee personnel files, coordinates new hire orientation and benefit enrollment activities and is point person for all company Recruitment activities. Assists Human Resources Director with various administrative needs and projects, as requested.
- Posts all new positions and maintains current positions on the website. Updates various career sites as needed.
- Assists with on-line applications and testing of new applicants.
- Assists with processing of new hires, performs background checks, ensures that files are complete for new hire orientation, creates timecards.
- Ensures completeness and confidentiality of employee records, releases authorization information regarding employment verification; follows company policy regarding all inquiry and response to inquiry in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee personnel files and also maintains employee data through the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Inputs status, rate changes and other employment and payroll related changes into HRIS. As needed, uses the HRIS to generate a variety of useful employee data reports.
- Maintains employee work permits and HR confidential binders. Assists the Human Resources team with various administrative needs and projects as needed.
- Assists with coordinating New Hire Orientations that fosters a positive first impression of the company. Also, works with rest of Human Resources team in coordinating Employee events including holiday events and quarterly recognition programs.
- Attends necessary in-service and training as assigned.
- Keeps employee notification methods (including lunch room bulletin boards)updated and maintained.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the HR Director.