Ultimate Staffing is currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our client in Milpitas. This position can be temp-to-hire for the right candidate.
The HR Generalist will act as the company's main HR contact and will oversee approximately 80 employees. The person in this role will be responsible for, but not limited to the following job duties.
- Manage on-boarding and orientation process.
- Understand and communicate company policies.
- Update policies and employee manual as needed.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, and follow-up on performance management.
- Handle all employee issues with responsiveness, sensitivity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Head up the recruitment and employee selection process.
- Provide clear advice and direction for staff regarding payroll, benefit administration, immigration and visa requirements, and various HR-related programs.
- Assist with the safety program; interact with the workers' compensation broker and carrier; ensure employees receive appropriate care; follow-through on the required documents.
- Interact with benefit brokers and employees on benefits issues.
- Support CEO in terms of management and employee meetings; prepare PowerPoint presentations and schedule meetings.
- Organize company and employee events throughout the year, including holiday events.
- Book travel flights, cars, and hotels.
- Document standard office procedures, maintain employee training records.
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business, or related field of study is a plus.
- Three plus years of experience in a Human Resources generalist position.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in functional areas of HR including: compensation + benefits, employee relations, talent/performance management, and staffing + recruiting.
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Proficient in the use of HRIS, Outlook, and MS Office Suite applications.
- Knowledge of California employment law, as well as FMLA, CFRA, HIPAA, COBRA and other Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Excellent business interpersonal, communication, customer service and analytical skills.
- Effective team player.
- Efficient and detail-oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.