Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regard to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to provide full HR support to assigned client groups. The HR Business Partner will be responsible for the implementation and administration of HR programs and provide management and employees with a full range of human resources services across all functional areas including recruiting, employee relations, compensation, employment policies and practices, performance management, learning and development, and employment law issues. The position will be based in the Bay Area, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Employee Relations: Provide coaching and counsel to management and employees to drive resolution in line with policies, guidelines and employment law. Counsel employees and provide support to managers concerning work-related problems. Work closely with the HRBP Director and Legal on sensitive ER matters. Works with managers to deliver disciplinary warnings and performance improvement plans.
- Provide operational support on HR policies and processes, and frontline support to managers and employees.
- Works closely with recruiters, compensation, benefits and HR operations teams to implement programs, policies and initiatives with employees.
- Manage the AskHR inbox and be the first point of contact for manager and employee questions regarding all HR inquiries.
- Manages employee on-boarding process, communication with new hire, new hire paperwork, new hire orientation and any required background checks as part of the employment process.
- Manages employee off-boarding process, communication with employee, exit-survey/exit interviews and separation agreements.
- Provide feedback to managers on HR-related issues.
- Ensure HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provide direction to senior and first-line managers.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- 5+ years in a Human Resources Business Partner role, plus 3+ years’ experience in other Human Resources roles
- Proven success in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
Differentiating Criteria for Preferred Experience:
- 8+ years progressive HR experience - moving from a specialist or generalist into an HR Business Partner role.
- BS/MS in Business or related field;
- Strong business and HR acumen, including the ability to diagnose and analyze problems and drive appropriate solutions;
- Experience in working in a manufacturing /operations environment
- Proven successful track record and knowledge in organizational and employee development, performance management, employee relations, change management;
- Data-oriented decision-maker;
- Decisive leadership and the courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance for the best interests of the business;
- Extensive capacity to influence business leaders; Organizational agility and savvy;
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship management skills with all levels of employees;
- Possesses a bias for action and sense of urgency, while able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks;
- Past experience and comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment;
- Previous experience in a high tech global growth company with a strong preference and experience with small AND large/established companies;
- Aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively;
- Working proficiency of HRIS systems and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Current and strong knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and labor laws outside the US.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements as it relates to Human Resources functions; and
- Experience working with teams outside of the US; Ability to work across different cultures and to travel internationally.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States for any employer
- Local candidates preferred