General Manager Job Overview:
Responsible for active supervision of all hotel disciplines, including but not limited to the front office, guest services, food service, housekeeping, maintenance, sales operations and personnel, ensuring that there is an atmosphere of good public relations towards guests and associates and community. Also ensures the hotel is meeting and constantly striving to meet its sales and profitability goals, and compliant with local and federal laws and regulations.
General Manager Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or unrelated major
- 4 years' experience in hotel management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area. OR - 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or unrelated major.
- 2 years' experience in opening hotel management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
General Manager General Functions:
- Recruit, hire, train, counsel and motivate all associates in all departments of the hotel.
- Actively supervise department heads and all personnel with authority to issue oral and written warnings and reprimands when policies and procedures have been violated or to document poor work performance, and to discharge employees, with grossly negligent cases being approved by an above property representative or in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Responsible for department payroll administration.
- Conduct all department head performance appraisals and bonus calculations, where applicable.
- Participate in departmental expense and labor budgeting preparation.
- Schedule personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing to maintain service levels.
- Develop department attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled promptly and associate take ownership of issues.
- Ensure proper delivery of all guest services, including but not limited to social hour, breakfast service, dry-cleaning, mail delivery, shuttle, grocery shopping, newspaper delivery, Business Center, wireless Internet, etc.
- Resolve guest complaints with Guest Relations concerning the hotel, or guest billing and chargeback inquiries.
- Process & reconcile daily cash deposits.
- Monitor posting of guest charges to minimize lost revenue.
- Ensure front desk personnel perform bucket checks each shift and monitor rate variances.
- Coordinate reservations and efficient group registration with Sales Department.
- Monitor suite availability and develop the hotel's yield management system with Sales to maximize suite revenue.
- Ensure an effective cash control system is in place and that all credit card and check cashing policies are followed.
- Maintain efficient operations and inventory controls for the hotel Market (i.e. gift shop).
- Responsible for the administration of key control procedures.
- Ensure proper procedures for guest safety deposit boxes, guest mail and packages.
- Educate department personnel on emergency procedures, safety precautions, and safe work habits.
- Drive defensively and safely when driving the hotel van. Wear your seat belt at all times. Use the van only for company business.
- Promote good employee communication through department meetings, employee feedback, oral and written communication, and proper training.
- Participate in the weekend MOD development program and host social hour (if relevant), as assigned.
- Assist in monitoring van upkeep and maintenance schedule.
- Process and track brand certificates (frequent guest programs, brand coupons and reimbursements, etc.) when presented as forms of tender to ensure we receive reimbursement from the brand.
- Oversee and approve the monthly Direct Bill accounts and statements and send out invoices as often as necessary to maintain the accounts receivable balance within 60 days past due.
- Ensure all hotel supplies are properly stocked and/or all hotel equipment is in proper working condition.
- Process accounts payable invoices for the hotel, including monitoring travel agent commission requests.
- Lead and conduct the brand daily stand up meetings.
- Carry out any reasonable request by Management.
- Participate in and actively contribute to weekly Sales Meetings and conduct monthly Staff Meetings.
- Conduct monthly department meetings or continuous improvement meetings (CIM).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro