UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you ready to set the pace as an expert problem solver? As the Healthcare Economics Analyst, you will be challenged to provide data-driven answers to the toughest problems facing the Employer and Individual line of business. The primary focus of the team is to identify, analyze, and explain medical trends. You will build and manipulate complex claims datasets to investigate root causes of medical trends. You will drive innovation by creating flexible, Excel-based models to support the ongoing identification of trend drivers and affordability opportunities. Ultimately, the goal of our team is to use data to build a narrative and influence key business decisions.
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you every day with new problems and ideas. You will be exposed to a wide variety of topics across multiple business functions. The sky is the limit for the ambitious candidate.
The environment is challenging and fast-paced. Team members are expected to possess a high level of energy and strong critical-thinking skills. The ideal candidate is adaptable, curious, and action oriented. Join our team of driven individuals dedicated to creating value for our business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, forecast, and trend complex data
- Analyze and interpret data for operational and business review and planning
- Support short and long term operational / strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
- Identify, analyze, and explain E&I medical trends using claims-based analyses
- Construct polished MS Excel models to satisfy analytical requests
- Research healthcare topics, incorporate findings into data analyses
- Provide ongoing, meaningful communications to managers on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of professional work experience or advanced degree
- 1+ years of applicable corporate or academic experience in data analytics - examining and summarizing data to uncover insights
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel (practical experience working with pivot tables, advanced formulas, graphs, vlookups)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare claims analytics experience
- Tableau or other visualization tool experience
- Team oriented and motivated to collaborate
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive problem-solving abilities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare Economics Analyst, Healthcare Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Data Analytics, Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas, Graphs, Vlookups, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota