Since 2001, RealStreet has connected construction management executives to owners and leading contractors, working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country specializing exclusively in this area, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading organizations enabling us access to the top engineering and construction programs throughout the country.
RealStreet has an assignment for a Health & Safety Manager in the Southern California area. This individual will support our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water & environmental resources, transportation, energy and facilities to both public and private clients. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for conducting daily site inspections to oversee that Capital Improvement Program (CIP) construction contractors are complying with statutory, regulatory and program health and safety policies.
Additional responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager include:
- Documenting and following up on issues of non-conformance
- Reviewing competent person-training submittal to ensure competent personnel are conducing all critical tasks
- Monitoring temporary works to ensure compliance with approved submittals (e.g., traffic control, shoring, trenching and scaffolding)
- Coordinating badging requirements with Security Manager
- Monitoring that contractors are performing Job Hazard Analysis’ prior to each new work activity and site safety inspections
- Monitoring contractor compliance with lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry, storage of hazardous materials or other safety permits
- Coordinating construction safety practices with contractor Health and Safety Manager(s) to ensure conformance with policies and procedures