REMOTE Head of People Consumer Electronics Start-up
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jasper Posner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $115,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a design and user experience driven consumer electronics start-up valued at over $50MM. We are making revolutionary wifi and bluetooth connected products in the kitchen appliance space. The market we are playing in is massive and ripe for disruption as there has been very little innovation in the past 50 years. Within our segment, we are in the premium category in which we win on design, overall user experience and machines that produce a superior finished product.
Our initial funding came from tens of thousands of pre-orders we booked based on nothing more than a concept and a few thousand dollars in social media advertising. From there venture capital funding followed shortly. Demand was so strong that we had to shut off the presales while we went about making these machines a reality! Now a few years later, we are in the manufacturing phase with thousands of units in the wild with our pre-sales customers. Initial reviews are phenomenal. People really love the product!
Why join us?
We are entering a new and exciting era of rapid growth in production volume and overall expansion and we are in need of an experienced HR leader with a generalist background. This position will report directly to the CEO and CFO. As the first North American HR hire, you will build the infrastructure, systems, processes and Human Resources department to accommodate our rapid growth and expansion. The ideal candidate has a mix of mature company and start-up experience and a generalist background including HR Business Partner, Compliance, HR Operations, Recruiting process and operations, etc.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Impact. Autonomy. Respect. Support.
- Competitive start-up salary, bonus and equity package
- Opportunity to define and build this function and department out in our fast growing company!
- Serve as the right hand to the CEO and work closely with the heads of all departments
As the Head of People in a fast growing start-up you will a leader and a doer.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
- Develop plans for a variety of matters including compensation & benefits, HR tools & admin, performance management, employee engagement (incl. company culture) etc.
- Act to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations
- 4+ years of general HR experience including experience leading a small team of direct reports
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources will be a plus
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its HR objectives
- Excellent knowledge of employment regulations and compliance
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- You should enjoy working in a fast-changing environment
If this sounds like you, please apply now as interviews are ongoing!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.